When you are wracking your brain for a gift for artists in your life, here’s one you probably didn’t consider, but should.
Buy them a membership to their local art guild.
1. Community. A membership to the local art guild is a gift for artists — and everyone else in your community. Supporting the arts in your community increases tourism, boosts the economy and raises property values. (Americans for the Arts.org)
2. Cost. Guild memberships are relatively inexpensive. Our annual, individual membership is just $35.
3. Resources. Artists can often feel and act as solitary creatures. Yet creativity feeds off of other creative sources. Some of the best resources (grants, arts partnerships, showings, marketing) comes from groups like the Coastal Arts Guild of CT.
4. Support. The membership cost supports arts programming, yes. But more importantly, the membership says: “I support YOU as an artist.” Many artists don’t join a guild because they don’t feel “good enough.” A membership tells them: these are your people! Join them!
5. Convenience. It’s easy to purchase the membership online. Right from the comfort of your pajamas or mobile device.
To purchase a membership for your artist, click here. Join them in a family membership, and you can even purchase a “patron” or business membership for yourself.
Enjoy the season and remember to shop local and handmade, whenever you can.